Saturday, November 19, 2011

Teaching Grammar Zero Conditional

Teaching grammar zero conditional.
When it rains, my roof leaks. When my roof leaks, the walls get wet. When the walls get wet, they get moldy. When they get moldy, I get sick. When I get sick, I go to the doctor. When I go the doctor, he always says the same thing, "Fix your roof!"
Then, I repeat the story substituting 'whenever', 'every time' and 'if'.
They guess the rule and I present / write it on the board. Then I present examples of other uses, scientific truths etc. This is followed with multiple choice sentence practice, a cloze activity and their writing their own little story.
After that, I point it out to them whenever it comes up in readings, and recycle it for comparative purposes when doing 1,2, and 3, just as a reminder.
After studying all 4 conditionals, I give them a type recognition activity - a long reading filled with 30 conditionals."..
Read more at http://www.eslbase.com/grammar/zero-conditional
http://www.languagecorpsasia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment