Thursday, November 17, 2011

Teaching Grammar Get Used To

Teaching Grammar Get used to.
Quote) Have you ever lived or worked abroad? If you have, you probably went through culture shock. I have spent a year teaching in Africa and two years teaching in Japan. I can tell you, it took me a long time to get used to some of the local customs.
(I then give some examples)
It was difficult getting used to having no electricity or running water when I was living in Africa.
In Japan, I had to get used to bowing all the time, every time I met another teacher or anyone to whom I had to show respect.
I had to get used to travelling in terribly crowded trains and being pushed on the train by a professional pusher with white gloves.
I had to get used to putting my hand in front of my mouth every time I smiled, as it is rude for women to show their teeth.
I had to get used to eating with chopsticks!
Read more at http://www.eslbase.com/grammar/get-used-to
http://www.languagecorpsasia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment